As I’m sure many of you are aware, we recently opened a temporary reading library in the main school entrance. However after reviewing recent government guidelines we are sad to inform you that we are unable to continue providing this service. We really do appreciate the need for children to access reading materials but unfortunately we cannot ensure that books are cleaned thoroughly between uses and must put the safety of our school and community first. Below is a list of digital resources which children can access until we are able to resume use of school reading books. Thank you for your understanding.
Digital Reading Resources:
- Audible (free whilst schools are closed): https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
- David Walliams – one free book a day: https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Story Time With Nick (great for KS1 and Early Years): The links can be found on Facebook @RuthMiskinLiteracyInc,Twitter @RuthMiskinEdu or the Ruth Miskin Website https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/find-out-more/parents/
- Oxford Owl free E-book collection: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page
- Stories read aloud for different ages: https://www.storylineonline.net/